Each player has two important choices to make during a turn - first, how many dice to roll, and second, where to place the resultant number.
Each player or team is given a set of four dice and is assigned a three-by-three array of squares to complete with numbers. Each player or team rolls a die. The player rolling the highest number plays first.
1. The first player chooses to roll one, two, three, or four dice and rolls them. The
player determines the sum shown on the thrown dice.
2. The player completes the turn by writing the sum of the dice in a position in the
team's array. If one die is thrown, that number is recorded.
3. The play passes to the left. The next player chooses the number of dice to be
rolled, rolls, then adds and places the sum in a position in his or her team's array.
4. No number may be shifted after it has been recorded.
5. Every sum determined by the play must be placed in the player's array.
6. The play continues until all squares in the assigned arrays are filled with numbers.
Points are awarded as follows: 25 points for every addition fact in a row; 30 points for every subtraction fact in a column: and 50 points for every multiplication fact on a 'diagonal. If no .facts are created, no score is given.
10 points for sums higher than 16, 15 points for differences greater than 6, and 20 points for products higher than 14.